Venue: Barry Buddon Shooting Centre
Location: Barry Buddon Training Camp, Barry, Carnoustie, DD7 7RY
Dates of competitions: 25–29 July 2014
A ticket to the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre allows access to all competition sessions and medal ceremonies taking place that day within the venue. There is a mix of unreserved seating and standing (first come first served) within the 25metre, 10/50metre and Shotgun Range. The Full Bore range is standing space only.
The spectator gates open to the venue one hour before the first competition session starts each day. Spectators are advised that they should allow time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry.
It is recommended that Spectators coming to the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre plan their journey early as there are significant walking distances to the venue from transport hubs and between ranges. We also advise that you dress appropriately and come prepared as many of the events are outdoors and exposed to the great Scottish summer!
It is not possible to leave Barry Buddon Shooting Centre then re-enter – make sure you bring everything you need for your day out.
Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted within any Games venue. This includes any open air space within the venue perimeter. Smoking is discouraged immediately outside venues.
Hints and tips to enjoy your journey to see the action
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to use selected train and bus services in the local area. Details are available on our Public Transport page.
- Traffic in Carnoustie is expected to be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for your journey
- There is no parking available at the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre itself, there will be a spectator parking site located nearby in Carnoustie.
- On-street parking in the area which immediately surrounds the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre is not available. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.
- For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
- To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014