23 July–3 August 2014
The Merchant City Festival is Glasgow’s annual cultural extravaganza. Celebrating its 13th year in 2014 with a specially extended programme over 11 days and nights, it promises a flamboyant fiesta of spectacular entertainment for everyone in the heart of Glasgow’s cultural quarter.
The Merchant City is home to magnificent architecture, as well as some of the country’s finest restaurants, bars, design-led retailers and, of course, outstanding cultural venues.
Renowned for its street theatre and outdoor performances, the Merchant City Festival once again presents an amazing line up including special commissions and premieres as well as music, dance, comedy, visual art, fashion, drama, film, tours, walks, food, markets and the dedicated weekend Family Zone jam-packed with events and performances to surprise and delight.
Look out for the special Get Involved Fund events, created by local businesses and organisations especially for the Merchant City Festival.
The only way to really experience the electric atmosphere is to join in – we guarantee you’ll want to come back, year after year.
Be waste wise
Please follow the ‘zero waste’ principles: reduce, reuse and recycle. Bins at venues will be marked to help you put the right rubbish in the right bin. This will in turn help us make sure we recycle as much as possible, and prevent your waste from going to landfill.
- 5 minute walk from the city centre.
- Nearest train stations: Glasgow Central, Glasgow Queen Street, Argyle Street and High Street (all less than a 10 minute walk).
- Nearest Subway stations: St. Enoch and Buchanan Street (less than a 10 minute walk).
- Well served by numerous city buses.
- 5 minute cycle from the city centre, limited cycle parking is available within Ingram Street car park.
- Blue Badge Parking will be in High Street Car Park, adjacent to Merchant City.
Blue badge parking can be booked up to 24 hours in advance by contacting 0141 287 2014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org