Venue: Glasgow National Hockey Centre
Location: Glasgow Green, Glasgow
Dates of competitions: 24 July–3 August 2014
The venue will open to spectators 90 minutes before each session begins. Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry.
The transport network around the stadium will be extremely busy particularly at the beginning and end of each session. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time so if you have previously visited Glasgow National Hockey Centre, please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow Games Time advice.
Hints and tips:
- Come and enjoy the buzz and excitement of Scotland’s biggest sporting and cultural festival. With up to one million spectators expected in the city along with 400,000 others there to enjoy all the cultural and other activities.
- Glasgow is a compact city, so one of the best ways to get to the Glasgow National Hockey Centre is by walking and cycling or public transport.
- There is no parking at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders, who must book in advance.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding the Glasgow National Hockey Centre is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Public transport and provisions for walkers and cyclists will be enhanced throughout Glasgow during Games Time.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to access ScotRail services, Subway services and the majority of local bus services in the area (G1 to G8 of SPT Zonecard). Details are available in our Public Transport section.
- If you have to drive, there are a limited number of spaces at Park and Ride sites serving some venues but please book early as spaces are limited and you will not find a space on the day. This is a chargeable service.
- It may be easier to walk back after your event as public transport from theGlasgow National Hockey Centre will be busy.
- Glasgow will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travelling.
- Plan your journey using a new version of the Traveline Scotland App available from travelinescotland.com.
- For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
- To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014